www.simongillarchitects.com (“This site”) is operated by Simon Gill Architects. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information (‘personal data’).
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) describes how we collect and use your personal data during your use of our site, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and associated data protection legislation.
B Who is using your personal data?
Simon Gill Architects is the “data controller” for the information that you provide to us when visiting this website. This means that we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with the GDPR.
Access to your personal data within the Giles & Pike will be provided to those staff who need to view it as part of their work in connection with the operation of this website. It will also be shared with the third parties described in Section H.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We may update this policy at any time.
By visiting our site you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Whether you can rely on consent for the processing of personal data will depend on whether the circumstances are such that the consent can be freely given (i.e. there is no imbalance in power that might make the person feel they have to consent and you are not asking for consent as an unnecessary pre-condition for a service).
Where we refer in this policy to your ‘personal data’, we mean any recorded information that is about you and from which you can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Where we refer to the ‘processing’ of your personal data, we mean anything that we do with that information, including collection, use, storage, disclosure or retention.
D Types of data we collect about you
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of data when you use our site:
Data you give us. You may give us data about you including:
* IP address
* If you visit our site, we will automatically collect certain technical information, for example, the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access our site, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, mobile network information and platform.
* We will automatically collect information about your visit to our site including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time), pages you viewed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
E When we collect your data
We will collect the vast majority of data about you when you: correspond with us by e-mail or otherwise, search for a specific page, participate in any social media functions on our site, when you report a problem with our site.
When you visit our site we may also automatically collect technical information about your visit from your computer.
F How we use your data
We process your data for one or more of the following reasons:
To provide you with the services or information you have requested e.g. a Simon Gill Architects event
To send you marketing or other types of communication by email
We do this only where you have specifically indicated that you consent to receive such communications, for example, by sending us an email. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. In this event, we will stop any processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent and you may no longer be able to use the site in the same way you did before.
For the purposes for which you use this website e.g. what content you are interested in
For purposes arising from your use of this website, for example, to ensure that we understand who uses our site and how our site is used and to improve our site and ensure it is secure.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Please note that we may process your data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We would like to send you information by email about services and opportunities which may be of interest to you.
We will not provide your data to other businesses, so they can use it for marketing purposes.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you sign in to our site for the first time. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out what messages you wish to receive by ticking these boxes.
H Sharing your data with third parties
We may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also share your data with the following organisations Google Analytics for the following reasons: to give those visiting our website a better user experience and for finding out who and where our audience is located.
Where your data is shared with third parties, we will seek to share the minimum amount necessary.
I Where we store or use your data
We may store data collected by the website manually or electronically. The data is stored on our secure servers and in our premises within the UK.
There may be occasions when we transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), for example, when we communicate with you using a cloud-based service provider that operates outside the EEA such as MailChimp/Eventbrite etc. Such transfers will only take place if one of the following applies:
* the country receiving the data is considered by the EU to provide an adequate level of data protection;
* the organisation receiving the data is covered by an arrangement recognised by the EU as providing an adequate standard of data protection e.g. transfers to companies that are certified under the EU US Privacy Shield;
* the transfer is governed by approved contractual clauses;
* the transfer has your consent;
* the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps requested by you prior to entering into that contract; or
* the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with another person, which is in your interests.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the website and any transmission is at your own risk.
J Third party websites
Our site contains links to and from various third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
K Retaining your data
We will only retain your data for as long as we need it to fulfil our purposes, including any relating to legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
L Your rights
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
* Request access to your data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of your data and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
* Request correction of your data. This enables you to ask us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
* Request erasure of your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
* Object to processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. [You also have the right to object where we are processing your data for direct marketing purposes.]
* Request the restriction of processing of your data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
* Request the transfer of your data to another party.
Depending on the circumstances and the nature of your request it may not be possible for us to do what you have asked, for example, where there is a statutory or contractual requirement for us to process your data and it would not be possible to fulfil our legal obligations if we were to stop. However, where you have consented to the processing (for example, where you have asked us to contact you for marketing purposes) you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In this event, we will stop the processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent and you may no longer be able to use the site in the same way as you did before.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above or are dissatisfied with the way we have used your information, you should contact Simon Gill Architects at email@example.com. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise.
N Changes to this policy